37 Days to the first ever Donate Life Virginia Transplant Games, the first statewide transplant games in the United States! The games are on Saturday, October 1, 2011! We want you to be a part of this inaugural event and don’t want you to miss out! There are many ways that you can participate:
- You can participate as an athlete! If you are a organ, eye, tissue or bone marrow transplant recipient or a living donor, you can register to participate as an athlete in the games. You don’t have to be an athlete to participate. There are events for everyone to participate in, regardless of your abilities. Register today at www.VirginiaTransplantGames.org! There are only 10 days left to register! Cost to participate is only $25. Registration ends September 1!
- You can run/walk in the 5K! The 5K is open to everyone, including the general public! Come out and show your support for organ, eye and tissue donation by running/walking in the 5K. Cost is only $25 to participate in the 5K and it is a family, friendly event! To register for the 5K, go to www.VirginiaTransplantGames.org! There are only 10 days left to register! Encourage your family, friends, neighbors, colleagues, and anyone else you know to register for the 5K. This is a great opportunity to pull together your own group to participate!
- You can volunteer! There are numerous opportunities for you to help out at the games as a volunteer. To register as a volunteer, go to http://www.virginiatransplantgames.org/sign-up and fill out the volunteer form at the bottom of the page.
- You can come as a spectator and cheer on the transplant recipients and living donors! In order to come as a spectator, please obtain your free tickets on the home page of www.VirginiaTransplantGames.org! There will also be special activities throughout the day honoring the donors and their families.
A couple of additional items for you to be aware of:
- Donate Life Virginia just launched the 2011 Virginia Transplant Games web store! Visit the store at http://www.co-store.com/VATG to purchase t-shirts, hats, polo shirts and tumblers as a keepsake and to promote the games!
- “Like” the 2011 Virginia Transplant Games facebook page to stay up-to-date with the latest happenings of the Virginia Transplant Games. Visit www.facebook.com/VATransplantGames!
If you have any questions regarding the 2011 Virginia Transplant Games, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to seeing each of you, your family, and your friends at the Virginia Transplant Games!
Chair, 2011 Virginia Transplant Games